"The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect."
- Esther Dyson, Interview in Time Magazine, October 2005
"People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have."
- Anne Tyler (1941 - ), Celestial Navigation
"There are so many different ways lives work out, so many stories, and every one of them is precious: full of joy and heartbreak, and a fair amount of situation comedy."
- Sean Stewart, Perfect Circle, 2004
"You pile up enough tomorrows and you'll be left with nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering."
- Meredith Willson, The Music Man
"Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy."
- Isaac Newton (1642 - 1727)