1. When did you start watching?
I used to watch it with my mom when I was little. I remember really liking K9
It was my mom's favorite show and I liked watching it with her.
2. What was your first episode?
Oh gosh, I don't remember.
3. Which episodes have you seen?
All of New Who and quite a bit of the Classic series.
The Impossible Planet and the Satan Pit
4. Are your friends/family interested in the show?
Maybe about a quarter of them.
5. Which Doctor is your favorite?
Ten. I <3 him. Nine is a close second.
6. Which Doctor is your least favorite?
I don't have a huge liking for the second Doctor. But I don't have a strong disliking for any of them really.
7. Which TV companion is your favorite?
Rose. I'm a shipper.
8. Which TV companion is your least favorite?
You know, I didn't used to like Martha all that much, but she's really grown on me since being in Torchwood. So now I guess I don't have a least favorite.
9. Do you listen to the Big Finish audios?
9a. If so, which is your favourite?
9b. Also: which Big Finish companion is your favourite?
10. Have you listened to any non-Big Finish audios?
Yes. I am currently working my way through all of the New Who BBC audios.
11. Have you read any of the novels or short stories?
I've read and own all of the Nine/Rose and Ten/Rose books. I have a few Ten/Martha books and am working on collecting all of the Ten/Donna books. I have all of the story books and a few of the "Who Files.
11a. Have you written any of the novels or short stories?
11b. Which is your favorite?
The Art of Destruction. As a Doctor/Rose shipper I just HAVE to love all of the losing Rose angst in that one. Plus, he covers her with his body in a useless attempt to protect her from falling hot lava, how romantic is that?
12. Have you read any of the comics?
I have the Ninth and Tenth Doctor collected comics and the graphic novel, "The Betrothal of Sontar."
13. Do you watch any of the spinoffs (e.g. Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures)?
13a. Which is your favorite?
You know, they're so different, I can't really choose.
14. Is there any particular episode/book/audio/comic you desperately want to watch/listen to/read?
No, I've read most of them already. There is some fanfic I'd LOVE to see realized on the screen and I'd LOVE to see a special done with Rose and her Doctor in the Alt!World though.
1. Do you write fanfic for Doctor Who?
1a. If so, post a snippet of a work-in-progress (or several)!
This is the first part of Chapter six from "Return For Me." The sequel to my Au post-Doomsday reunion fic "Come Back To Me" In this scene, the Doctor has just left his adopted son, Tyler, and a rather pregnant Rose on Earth.
“Right,” the Doctor pulled a lever, causing the TARDIS to start dematerializing. “It’s just you and me for a while again old girl. It’ll be fun.” He looked around the empty console room and signed. “Lots of fun,” he repeated, this time with much less enthusiasm.
Moving quickly around the console, he set the coordinates, double and triple checking that he’d extrapolated the correct timeline from Kissarna’s mobile phone call. There was absolutely no margin for error. If he arrived too early she might never have made the phone call, causing a decidedly inconvenient paradox. If he arrived too late the little girl could very well be dead.
The Doctor shuddered at the thought. That was not news he wanted to take to his son. For some reason, beyond the apparently obvious crush he had on the girl, the two adolescents had bonded on a psychic level.
The reason for that bond, and its unprecedented quick attachment, was a mystery he wanted solved. According to legend, Domrandians mated for life, the lovers forming unbreakable empathic ties to one another. But Tyler was too young for that sort of thing, wasn’t he? He might be sixteen in human years, but by Domrandian standards he’d just entered adolescence. Besides, the Doctor knew from experience that while many legends were often based in fact, they were also distorted over time and over-romanticized.
Tyler was already in such a fragile state that breaking it might unbalance him completely. He’d come awfully close to being just that during their confrontation a few minutes ago. The Doctor squeezed his eyes shut as a strong wave of guilt rushed through him. He’d been so very harsh with his son, who for all intents and purposes, was still a small child.
2. Do you create Doctor Who icons?
Sometimes, but I'm not very good.
3. Recommend a fanfic/icon/fanvid/fancomic/fancreation!
Oh goodness, just go here to see my favorites. http://www.whofic.com/viewuser.php?action=favstor&uid=3208</i>
4. Have you been to any Doctor Who conventions?
No. But I did go all the way to England from Philadephia to see David Tennant in Hamlet and the Doctor who exhibition in London.
5. Have you ever dressed up as a Doctor Who character?
6. Do you own any Doctor Who merchandise?
7. Are you a fan of Russell T Davies?
Yes. I think he's incredible.
7a. Steven Moffat?
I have my reservations, but he is an excellent writer. I just really hope the Doctor doesn't have a fling in every episode.
7b. Paul Cornell?
He's my favorite! I had a reviewer compare me to him once and it was the best compliment ever.
8. What say you to Season 6b?
I don't know. It hasn't aired yet.
9. The UNIT dating controversy?
Sorry, I don't know what that is.
10. The Blinovitch Limitation effect?
Wow, Okay. I guess I'm not as much of a geek as I though I was. No clue as to what this is either.
11. Multi-Doctor episodes?
have the potential to be really fun, but if written bad are a disaster.
12. What's your favorite Doctor Who technobabble?
I like the speech Ten says in "Smith and Jones" when he's bouncing on one foot.
13. Have you watched other TV shows exclusively because of the presence of Doctor Who actors?
Can you say "Secret Diary of a Call Girl?
14. Have you met any of the actors?
Just David Tennant. I met him for like five seconds, but it counts! I got his autograph too. :)
14a. Traveled to any filming locations?
London (including the Globe Theater)
15. What do you think of The Curse of Fatal Death?
16. Do you have any fannish opinions that you think are fairly unpopular?
I suppose it depends on who you ask. I hang out with a lot of shippers, so our opinoins tend to agree.
17. What's your favorite pairing?
18. What pairing(s) won't you touch with a really long pole?